Breeding Director M/F
Vilmorin – Mikado, Business Unit of Limagrain, is an international company with over 270 years’ experience in breeding, production and sales of innovative vegetable and tree seeds to professional growers.
With a worldwide presence through our 10 subsidiaries and more than 100 distributors, our dedicated teams are working closely together sharing the goal of continued success of the company.
H3O Group has been appointed by Vilmorin – Mikado to search for: Breeding Director M/F.
Reporting to the Head of Research, the Breeding Director will be responsible for piloting and supervising breeding programs for a group of species in line with the Global Company Strategy.
- Manage and develop a breeding team of about twenty people
- Determine goals and objectives for each breeding program and implement the suitable means in line with the company strategy in order to provide competitive varieties for designated markets
- Guarantee the relevance and efficiency of breeding methods
- Optimize available resources
- Be responsible of the budgets (payroll, operating expenses and investments) within the scope of responsibility
- Participate in international projects and develop new partnerships
- Actively participate within the Research Management Team for developing the Research strategy into a more global approach
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy or Biology or related field with a strong knowledge of Plant Breeding
- Minimum 5 years of experience in breeding program management and implementation
- Product development experience would be appreciated
- International experience would be a plus
- Ability to manage complex, international projects
- Communication, organizational, coordination and analytical skills
- Ability to perform with autonomy, as well as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills and ability to perform in a multicultural environment
- Strong strategic vision focused on innovation
- Fluent English required. Fluent French or Spanish would be an advantage
- Frequent international and domestic travels 30% of the time
Ad ref : RS1904949/H3O
Contract: Permanent position
Location : La Ménitré (France, 49)